For Permeable Paver Joints (Graded ASTM NO.9 Granite Stone)
GATOR AQUA ROCK is manufactured to meet ASTM No.9 requirements for permeable paver joint units. The calibrated gradation obtained from the fractured high-strength granite makes it the ideal product for the bedding course & jointing material to collect surface water run-off and help stabilize interlocking paver surfaces.
|Sieve size||ASTM No.9|
|No.4 (4,75mm)||85 to 100|
|No.8 (2,36mm)||10 to 40|
|No. 16 (1,18mm)||0 to 10|
|No. 50 (0.300mm)||0 to 5|
NOTE: The minimum slope of the soil subgrade should be 0.5%. Actual slope of soil subgrade will depend on the drainage design and exfiltration type. All drainpipes, observation wells, overflow pipes, geotextile (if applicable) and impermeable liner (if applicable) should be in place per the drawings prior to or during placement of the subbase and base, depending on their location. Care must be taken not to damage drainpipes during compaction and paving. No mud or sediment can be left on the base or bedding aggregates. If they are contaminated, they must be removed and replaced with clean materials.
1. Spread GATOR AQUA ROCK bedding material over base course. Bedding course should be 2’’ (50mm) of GATOR AQUA ROCK.
2. The surface tolerance of the screeded GATOR AQUA ROCK bedding layer shall be ±3/8 in (10 mm) over a 10 ft (3 m) straight edge.
3. Do not subject screeded bedding material to any pedestrian or vehicular traffic before paving unit installation begins.
JOINTING MATERIAL AND PERMEABLE PAVER UNITS
1. Lay the pavers in the selected pattern. Cut pavers and place along the edges, no piece should be smaller than 1/3 of a whole unit. To increase strength pattern in vehicular applications, we recommend laying the pattern in a 45 degrees to traffic flow.
2. For applications such as driveways, we recommend that the edge restraints be installed with a ready-mix concrete and reinforced with reinforcing steel.
3. Sweep GATOR AQUA ROCK to fill joints.
4. Remove excess GATOR AQUA ROCK on the surface by sweeping pavers clean.
5. Compact and set the pavers into the bedding material using a low-amplitude, 75-90 Hz plate compactor capable of at least 4,000 lbs (18 kN) centrifugal compaction force. This will require at least two passes with the plate compactor.
6. After compaction insure that the joints will be fill up-to 1/8” (3mm) from the top of the pavers and add or remove any excess of GATOR AQUA ROCK jointing material.
NOTE: The minimum slope of the finished pavement surface should be 1%. The surface of the pavers may be 1/8 to 1/4 in. (3 to 6 mm.) above the final elevations after compaction. This helps compensate for possible minor settling which is normal to pavement.
1 bag of GATOR AQUA ROCK will cover on average, for a 60 mm paver, an area of 20 to 25 sq.ft. (1.86 to 2.32 sq m).
For more demanding jobs, GATOR AQUA ROCK is also offered in a 2,200 pound Super-Sack format.
1 Super Sack of GATOR AQUA ROCK will cover on average, for a 60mm paver, 880 to 1100 sq.ft. (82 to 102 meters).
|Products||Retail Size||Units per Pallet|
|Gator Aqua Rock – Granite Grey||22.7 kg (50 lbs)||56|
|Gator Aqua Rock – Granite Grey||1 metric ton (2200 lbs)||1|
Alliance Designer Products Inc. cannot guarantee results as it has no control over surface preparation and product application. If this product is proven to be defective, on the condition that it was applied pursuant to the required method of application and surface preparation, the sole obligation of Alliance Designer Products Inc. is to refund the purchase price. Proof of purchase is required for any claim. Alliance Designer Products Inc. shall not be liable for any other damages whatsoever, direct or consequential. To the extent permitted by law, Alliance Designer Products Inc. excludes any implied warranty of quality, merchantability or fitness for purpose.